15 Apr Quorn Transforming Health Forum 15 March 2017
Over 250 people were present for the recent Quorn forum, facilitated by Flinders Ranges Mayor Peter Slatter. Amongst those in attendance were regional Mayors, council representatives, HAC representatives, politicians and rural doctors.
Discussion points included
- Diminishing role of country hospitals
- Relationship between health bureaucrats and rural communities
- Centralising of services
- Impact on patients
- Dan Van Holst Pellekaan, Member for Sturt
- Dean Johnson, Mayor of Kimba and Presiding Member for Cleve, Kimba and Cowell HAC
- Dennis Clarke, Mayor Northern Areas Council, SA Local Government Association
- Rowan Ramsay, Member for Grey
- Tony Gwynn-Jones – former Chair of Quorn Hospital Board
- Dr Gerry Considine, President RDASA
- Dr Monique Kanters and Dr Kate Kloza
- Maree Geraghty, CEO CHSA
- Kae Martin, ANMF
- Stephen Wade MP
- Dr Tony Lian-Lloyd
RDASA will be distributing a summary of key points, acknowledging many members supported the forum but were unable to attend. We hope this forum forms part of a greater dialogue between communities, health professionals and the government to work together to ensure adequate services and resources for all our rural communities.
You can listen to Gerry Considine’s forum address through our dropbox link.